Monday, April 29, 2013

HG Reviews: St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Gel Cleanser

I have combination skin which means that my t-zone gets very oily. I also have whiteheads/blackheads around my nose and chin which I hate and recently (probably because of stress and my erratic work schedule), I get huge pimples on my forehead! Determined to stop these breakouts and permanently get rid of my white heads, I started looking for natural products that would help eliminate the issues that I have on face. Since I have learned not so long ago through other health and beauty blogs that green tea helps fight acne and the positive effects can be felt even after a few application, I have decided to look for products that has green tea in it.

Thankfully, I found St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Gel Cleanser which promises to gently clears breakouts.

Product says...

This cleanser with 100% Natural Extracts gently clears and calms redness.

- Hypoallergenic
- Non-comedogenic
- Oil-free
- Formulated without *Parabens & Phthalates
- Dermatologist Tested
- Has 2% *Salicylic Acid
- Treats Acne

Ingredients...



My take on this product...

What I like:

- Natural extracts were used which makes it not as harsh as the other competing cleansers out there.
- Dries out pimples
- My face feels clean and soft every after wash
- I love the smell! It has this fresh clean scent with a hint of green tea.
- This actually helps eliminate my whiteheads/blackheads
- Packaging is pretty descent and I like the fact that it is in a pump bottle which makes it easy to control the amount of product that you need.
- You can reuse the bottle and according to St. Ives, they recycle their packaging.
- It doesn't clog pores
- It dries out pimples after a few days of use

What I don't like:

- My t-zone area feels a little tighter after wash. I personally don't mind it as I tone and moisturize every after wash but, some may not like it.
- It doesn't lather

Overall review:

I think this product is best for oily to acne prone skin as it prevents breakouts and it removes blackheads. However, I think this is not the best product for dry to normal skin. With that said, I recommend this product for those who have acne prone skin. Also, since I have combination skin, I will repurchase.

More product information...

Brand name: St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Gel Cleanser
Manufacturer/Distributor: Unilever
Made in: USA
Price: Php 175.00 ($4.25)
Where did I get mine? Watsons at SM Department Store Fairview

Pictures:

Obviously, I have been loving this since I bought it. Haha

It has this liquid texture that makes it easy to apply.
Before
After

Anj :)
Disclaimer:
I cannot guarantee that the skincare products I recommend and review will be perfect on you. Please remember that I only use products I think are good and products that suits my skin. Also remember that I have been trying them on myself ONLY. Remember that everyone's skin is different and make sure that you are not allergic to anything before trying the products mentioned on this page. If possible, test products on yourself before purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment